Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Seasoned Green Beans



I was looking through my recipe box tonight to find a vegetable to serve at dinner tonight and came across this recipe. I don't know why I haven't made these in forever because they are so easy and so good!!  Just the right amount of flavor to enhance the beans.

Seasoned Green Beans
3 1/2 C fresh or frozen green beans (approx. 1 lb.)  I used frozen, uncut but you can use cut green beans as well.
2 T butter or margarine, melted
1/4-1/2 t seasoned salt (Lawry's)
1/4-1/2 t chili powder
1/8 t garlic powder
1/8 t onion powder

Place beans in a steamer basket; place in saucepan over 1" of water.  Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 mins, or until crisp tender.  In a small bowl, combine the butter & seasonings.  Drain beans; add butter mixture and toss to coat.

Serves 4